21.08.2010

Retrospect London: FROCK ME

urlaub2

What is it about old garments, buttons and clothes that we fall in love with them? It's the stories we presume, the glamorous places these gloves might have been or the seasons a hat may have endured! During my stay in London I've come across so many wonderful vintage stores and fairs. The one I will never forget is "Frock me" in Chelsea Town Hall, where I went on a sunny March Sunday. I have never posted these images and with this vacationally inspired posts I think it is time to catch up ;-)! Enjoy these wonderful dresses and insights into old times. Yours, Theresa

Was finden wir nur an alten Stoffen, Knöpfen und Kleidern? Für mich sind es die Geschichten, die wir dahinter vermuten, die glamourösen Plätze und Gläser, welche Handschuhe vielleicht berührt haben; die Jahreszeiten die jener Hut möglicherweise ausgehalten hat. Während meiner Londoner Zeit habe ich so viele wundervolle Vintage Geschäfte und Messen gesehen. Die schönste Messe war allerdings "Frock me" im Rathaus von Chelsea, die ich an einem sonnigen Märzsonntag besuchte. Die Bilder habe ich nie gepostet, da mir immer die Zeit fehlte. Mit diesen urlaubsfüllenden Posts bin ich der Meinung, dass endlich Zeit ist, dies nachzuholen ;-)! Genießt die schönen Kleider und Einblicke in alte Zeiten. Eure Thea

Related links:
  • Awesome boudoir shot on Style Me Pretty: here | Toller Boudoir-Style Shoot auf Style me Pretty: hier

  • Still my favourite blog and always a good vintage inspirations found there: Casey's Blog Elegant Musings | Noch immer mein Lieblingsblog und immer wieder Inspiration für Vintage-angehauchte Nähprojekte: Caseys Blog Elegant Musings

  • Sympathetic vintage shop where I bought this white dress: Make Lemonade | Sympathischer kleiner UK-Shop für Vintage-Kleider: Make Lemonade

  • Unbelievably huge warehouse full of old furniture, where I HAVE to go as soon as I get back home: SBS Möbelhalle in Chemnitz (Saxony, Germany) | Unvorstellbar große Halle voll alter Möbel und Accessoires, wo ich unbedingt sofort unverzüglich hinmuss, wenn ich wieder da bin ;-): SBS Möbelhalle in Chemnitz

FROCK ME in Chelsea Town Hall London

FROCK ME in Chelsea Town Hall London

FROCK ME in Chelsea Town Hall London

FROCK ME in Chelsea Town Hall London

FROCK ME in Chelsea Town Hall London

FROCK ME in Chelsea Town Hall London

FROCK ME in Chelsea Town Hall London

FROCK ME in Chelsea Town Hall London

FROCK ME in Chelsea Town Hall London

FROCK ME in Chelsea Town Hall London

FROCK ME in Chelsea Town Hall London

1 Kommentare:

Mandarine D'Italie hat gesagt…

This is so lovely, shame i only find out about Frock me now! well, your interpretation through your stunning pictures makes it even more interesting, very inspirational!!