25.01.2012

Everyday Typography: SALE

SALE
The White Company

One sign one usually leaves one longing for the clothes and products hanging in the store is the famous and – most of the time red-coloured – SALE sign. However have you ever paid attention that some brands do a much better job in putting on interesting SALES signs than others. Wandering through London in the beginning of January (great sales time) I collected some of my favourite ideas regarding typography and consistency to the brand image. What is your favourite one? I think I would nominate the one from "The White Company" lit up by 35 light bulbs.

Have you done any great bargains at the current sales season? I sure did! A pair of glitter shoes from ZARA for only 10€ – I couldn't believe it!

SALE

Levis


Ein Schriftzug, welchen uns häufig alle Bankbedenken über Board werfen und nach den reduzierten Artikel langen lässt, ist das meist in Rot gehaltene SALE-Sign. Habt ihr jedoch schon einmal bemerkt, dass manche Brands mehr Gedanken und Design in diese Schilder stecken als andere. Auf meinen Wanderungen durch London hab ich meine Lieblingsschaufenster festgehalten , welche mir in Hinsicht auf Typographie oder Brand-Konsistenz auffielen. Was ist Euer Favorit? Ich würde wahrscheinlich die Buchstaben der "White Company" erwählen, welche von 35 Glühbirnen beleuchtet werden.


Habt ihr ein Schnäppchen gemacht während der letzten SALES-Tage? Ich hab es seit langem mal wieder geschafft: Glitzerschuhe von ZARA für 10 € – kaum zu glauben ;)

SALE

Swarovski


SALE

SALE

Anthropologie


SALE

Urban Outfitters

SALE

1 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

I love searching for different fonts. It's amazing how many similar ones start to pop up and how different ones can look great in one setting and bad in another.

The font that I use a lot (and the one on my green juice recipe) is Strangelove from Veer. It's my go-to style. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!