13.05.2013

Celebration #sistermag7 weekend. Part 1

sisterMAG Celebration Weekend

A new sisterMAG issue went live last week. The seventh one! How do you celebrate such a thing? A few weeks ago our contributor (and if I may say so) friend Sivan asked me exactly this question. With a shrug and a smile I answered: "Usually we hug each other and tell ourselves: Another one done!" It may seem very pragmatic and not very joyful, but most of the time Toni, Alex and I were just too tired and absolutely worn out to celebrate with big parties or other activities.

This time I actually managed to have my celebration. I just took a mini holiday from my computer this last weekend. I will not – however – tell you how refreshing it was and how I felt cleansed and how bad computers are, because this is not my opinion. I like my screens and computers, I always get ideas from the internet world and absolutely love communicating through Social Media. However it was incredibly nice to walk along Kurfuerstendamm and meet old friends and new people.

The outfit


sisterMAG Celebration Weekend

Dress: Neu4bauer inspired by Roland Mouret with puffy sleeves (see here as well) |
Old folk jacket in green from my passed grandmother (there is still a little note from her in the pocket and an old paper handkerchief which I cannot throw away …) |
shoes with leopard print from Deichmann (yes!) |
(old) scarve from H&M |
necklace is a find from New York in the Fashion District |
lipstick from Deborah (Italian beauty label, where our model Stiene works at)

On Saturday I dressed myself up and drove through the whole town to get to Wittenbergplatz. I finally visited the new store of "& Other Stories" – the H&M label which I fell in love with a few weeks back when I visited their London store. Why I got so dressed up? I had to return some shoes for my mom in a very posh store! Luckily I don't have a problem to walk into these kind of stores and in the end the whole experience was hilarious. While I started nagging the salesman whether they had this kind of shoe in the 39.5 (no, not at all, not in all of Germany) I was also constantly talking to my mom on the phone who tried to give instructions. In the end I handed over the phone to the salesperson and he had to listen to my mom for about 2 minutes while she explained to him what "was wrong with the sequined shoe" :)!

Afterwards I desperately needed a coffee break. One of my favourite places around this area is the "Café Einstein" at Kurfürstendamm / corner to Schlüterstraße. You are across a magnificent building called "Cumberland House" and it is the greatest place to do peoplewatching! The kind of people who walk around there are SO different to the ones in Prenzlauer Berg or Mitte (way less hipsters if I may say so and you rarely see a tote bag ;).

My own bargain from the trip to Kudamm? A pair of neon pink pointy flats from & Other Stories. I am not convinced whether I should keep them … what do you think?
Yours, Thea

Pink pointy flats from "& Other Stories"
Blouse: sisterMAG N°5 Blouses Shooting (see tutorial in the magazine) | Jeans: Mango |
Shoes: & Other Stories | Lipstick: Rival de Loop N°107



Eine neue Ausgabe des sisterMAGs ist live. Die siebente! Wie feiert man das? Vor einigen Wochen fragte mich unsere Kontributorin und (wenn ich das so sagen darf) Freundin Sivan genau diese Frage. Mit einem Schmunzeln antwortete ich: "Meistens drücken wir uns alle mal und sagen: Wieder eine geschafft." Zu pragmatisch, mag man da denken. Jedoch sind Toni, Alex und ich jedesmal nach einer Ausgabe dann doch so fertig und übermüdet, dass wir zu keinen Trinkgelagen oder Aktivitäten fähig sind.

Dieses Mal hab ich es etwas feierlicher hinbekommen und mir einfach mal das Wochenende computerfrei genommen. Ich werde jetzt nicht wie andere Internetler sagen: "Es war herrlich, es hat mich runtergebracht und so befriedigt", denn ich mag meine Screens und Bildschirme, bekomme da immer Ideen und liebe den Austausch über Social Media. Jedoch war es auch unglaublich schön, den Ku'damm entlangzuflanieren und noch schöner das Treffen einiger alter Bekannter und neuen Menschen.

sisterMAG Celebration Weekend
sisterMAG Celebration Weekend

Am Samstag ging es also einmal quer durch Berlin bis zum Wittenbergplatz. Endlich schaffte ich es in die neu-eröffnete Filiale von "& Other Stories" – dem H&M-Label, dem ich vor einigen Wochen in London regelrecht verfiel. Das Kleid aus dem sisterMAG-Video vom Cover ist übrigens da her. Mein Outfit (siehe unten) war inspiriert vom Gedanken, ein paar Schuhe meiner Mutter in einem poshen Laden zurückbringen zu müssen: Das Erlebnis war am Ende zum Totlachen, denn während ich den Verkäufer löcherte, ob er denn nicht "irgendein" Modell in der 39,5 hätte ("Gar keins, in ganz Deutschland nicht.") telefonierte ich ständig mit meiner Mutter. Irgendwann reichte ich schließlich das Telefon an den Verkäufer und er schaute mich betreten an, während meine Maman ihm zwei Minuten lang erklärte, was mit den Pailettenschuhen nicht stimmte :).

Danach brauchte ich dringend eine Kaffeestärkung. Ganz idyllisch gelegen ist das Café Einstein am Ku'damm / Ecke Schlüterstraße. Man schaut auf das wunderschöne Gebäude vom Cumberland House und das Publikum kann man stundenlang beobachten. Eine ganz andere Art Mensch als man sie in Mitte oder Prenzlauer Berg sieht (sehr viel weniger Hipster und Jutebeutel sieht man dort auch sehr selten ;))!

Mein eigenes Mitbringsel vom Kudamm-Trip sind ein paar spitze Schuhe in Neonpink (siehe oben). Derzeit bin ich noch nicht sicher, ob ich sie behalte … was denkt ihr?
Was ich am Sonntag gemacht habe, gibts dann morgen zu lesen! Eure Thea

sisterMAG Celebration Weekend

1 Kommentare:

Kate hat gesagt…

I love the sleeves on that dress! Very pretty.

Kate from Clear the Way